Chances are, you’ve been reading what I’ve written and spoken about recently related to creating a six-figure revenue stream in record-time. And perhaps you’ve been racking your brain about how to achieve these same results in your own business.
You know, there’s a lot of information out there about what you should do to build your business rapidly. But before you realize it, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and paralyzed before taking any action.
One of you even wrote to me: “[how do I deal with] information overload, too many experts saying different things?”
And I’d have to agree: Whatever strategies or tactics you’ve been hearing about, well, they all work… And they all don’t work.
You see, what works and what doesn’t work is highly individual. Your particular circumstances, strengths, weaknesses, motivators, and resources dictate what you can (or can not) do.
Ever Tried Cooking a Gourmet Meal with Whatever You Have in the Refrigerator Right Now?
Whatever resources you have to work with, whether you judge that to be a little or a lot, the best advice I can give is for you to work with what you have available right now.
If you’ll stop worrying about what you wish you had and start using what you’ve got right here, right now, you’ll stand a better chance of achieving those things that are most important in your business.
Admittedly, the challenge in applying what I just recommended is that you may not believe that you have enough to work with.
And while you may be right, there’s a better chance that you have more than you realize, more than enough with which to get started. You just might not recognize it. And maybe what you have just needs a little tweaking.
What if you DID have more than enough to work with and you simply don’t recognize it? What if, with just a little help, you were able to recognize it? Then what could you do with that?
Stop Trying to Figure Things Out on Your Own
If you haven’t done something before, it’s pretty hard to sort out what you should focus on, and how to apply advice that you cobble together from a lot of different sources.
Likewise, if you don’t already have experience in creating a six-figure revenue stream within, say 180 to 365 days, how are you going to feel confident about where to start, what to listen to, and what specifically to do?
I can help you.
Get on the Phone with Me for 30 Minutes for FREE
What, the king of the paid strategic sessions, offering free consultations? Must be a typo!
Nah. You see, if you’ve studied my approach, you know that I am NOT against free sessions; there are appropriate times and places for them. Like right now.
Lately, I’ve be exploring ways to contribute my expertise by paying things forward. I’ve been studying and plotting. Along the way, I stumbled upon what I think is a really cool idea:
Over the next few weeks, I’m going to gift somewhere between 10 and 15 telephone consultations. That’s right, complimentary consultations. My gift to you.
I’ll get on the phone with you for 30 minutes, and you can tell me what’s troubling you (holding you back) in terms of accelerating your revenue.
I’ll then give you advice specifically customized for your exact situation.
Oh, and did I mention that I’m going to do it absolutely for free? Well, sort of. Actually, I’m not asking you to pay ME anything.
But wait a second, another reader sent this comment to me recently:
“Actually I prefer to pay for training; however, cash flow being limited, I would like enough action steps to begin generating cash that would allow me to engage your services.”
Fair enough. So if you feel better paying something, I invite you to make a donation in the amount of your choosing to the Living Wisdom School of Seattle, the tiny school where my two boys attend. But it’s not a requirement. In case you’re curious, you can read more about the philosophy of the school here: www.livingwisdomschoolseattle.org
To get the ball rolling, all you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post, telling me your biggest frustration, problem, or challenge you have right now, related to building up your revenue quickly.
I’ll contact 10-15 of you by email, ask for a “snapshot” of your current situation, and then we’ll schedule a time to chat.
Then I’ll give you my ideas and insights about where I recommend you focus your attention, energy, time, and other resources. Sound good?
Great! Then together, we’ll get you pointed in the right direction in no time.
So start writing that comment below!
No doubt, you’ve heard the adage, “The fortune is in the follow-up.” So why is it that so many of us expend extraordinary amounts of energy searching for new prospective clients, yet when it comes to making follow-up contact with them, it’s a major fail?
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist (or a plastic surgeon) to remind you about how critical it is to follow-up.
Being vulnerable. Fear of coming across as needy.
For a lot of people, the possibility of following up and having an actual real-time conversation brings up tremendous fears of rejection and inadequacy.
Here are some simple tips I’ve collected for curing “follow-up failure:”
- Start by presencing and re-presencing your “compelling why.” Your “compelling why” is a simple statement about why you feel called to do the work that you do. Feeling the energy and passion of your “big why” gives you a boost to get past almost any type of mental or emotional inertia that holds you back. Presencing this can be as simple as writing down the statement on a sheet of paper and keeping it near your telephone.
- Set daily follow-up goals. Set a minimum daily results-based goal, for instance, of five live conversations with potential clients. Also set a “bull’s eye” goal of, say, 10 live conversations. Then set a “stretch” goal of 15 live conversations.
- Reward yourself. Set up small rewards for reaching one or more of these goals each day. The rewards can be as simple as going for a walk, watching a movie, or making a phone call to a close friend. Be creative!
- Work with an accountability partner. Similar to working out at the gym, it’s easier to workout or follow-up when you’ve got some else who can be a witness and cheerleader to your sweat.
- Track your activity and outcomes on paper or digitally. It’s amazing how seeing your activity and results in writing can be a low-tech, but high-payoff motivator. But you’ve got to try it to believe it. Here’s an example of what I actually used when I was accelerated from zero to a six-figure revenue stream in 73 days. (No points for style, but it worked!)
- Make follow-up fun. Turn this it into a game. For instance, see how quickly you can make five live conversations with potential clients.
Being consistent and effective at following up is a habit that anyone can develop. All it takes is a willingness to be of service and value to a fellow being.
Following-up doesn’t require advanced degrees or any type of advanced training. You don’t need to invest in yet another training program or workshop to learn how to follow-up.
Of course, if you’re one of those people who won’t take action unless you’ve paid good money for the advice, feel free to send money my way!
During my process of creating a six-figure revenue stream in 73 days in early 2005, things were moving so fast that I didn’t have the time or self-awareness to understand why what I was doing was working.
It wasn’t until a few weeks ago that I realized a pattern to the general approach that I took: I focused exclusively on one critical element in each of the areas of:
- Client attraction
- Client conversion, and
- Client retention
When I looked more closely at my overall approach (and that of clients whom I’ve guided to rapidly accelerate their revenue, I identified seven key principles, which I’ve now dubbed “The 7-ONES Rule.” (Coincidentally, the very first client I guided to rapidly accelerate his revenue bested my record and created his annualized six-figure revenue stream in 71 days. But that’s not the only reason why I came up with the 7-ONES Rule; it’s mainly because there are seven principles, each of which involves focusing on ONE thing, as you’ll see below)
Here are the seven principles that make up “The 7-ONES Rule:”
- Focus on ONE audience. The more specific, the better. But don’t fall into the trap of getting paralyzed just because you don’t have your audience perfectly identified. At the least, just start with an audience that you naturally are drawn to. For me, that’s independent service professionals.
- Focus primarily on ONE lead-generation source. Whatever lead-generation source you choose, be sure it that the source naturally aligns with your values and business philosophy. In my case, when I was starting out, I didn’t have many good choices. So I simply found sources where my audience congregated. And that was through networking or leads groups. So I visited as many of those group breakfasts as I could.
- Focus on using ONE client conversion mechanism. Make sure your conversion mechanism of choice plays to your strengths and naturally showcases your expertise and the value you provide. I started out using free strategic session, but as I gained experience and insight, I ultimately began using paid strategic sessions exclusively.
- Focus on developing and offering only ONE high-end option for working with you. Optimally, this should a high-end service, program, or product with built-in continuity. Continuity means that once a client buys, they are committed to working with you for specified duration of time, rather than a one-time purchase. Originally, I offered monthly coaching services at $1500/month, with a 12-month long commitment.
- Focus on winning ONE new client at a time.I remember how excited I was after I signed up my very first client. Then my next immediate thought after that was: “Where’s the next one coming from?!?” It turns out that the meeting I had the very afternoon turned into another high-end client.The point is that it’s easy to get worried and lose confidence if you start thinking about how long a road you may have ahead of you.Although it initially seemed like it was going to take forever and a day, I had to repeat my “mantra” on a daily basis: “one client at a time.” Ultimately, within 73 days, I had 7 clients paying $1,500/month for my business coaching services.
- Focus on taking specific actions ONE day, ONE week, and ONE month at a time.It’s easy to get overwhelmed by attempt to tackle too much, all at once, by yesterday. Piling your plate high with activities doesn’t align with productivity, that is, producing results. Take action only on those items that are most likely to bring you immediate new business. Everything else goes on the “someday, but definitely not now” list.In my case, that meant there was no way I was going to invest any time or energy writing copy for a website. Or getting a logo designed for a business card. Or any of the other items that may seem like essentials for your business success. Instead, I put my energy into having conversations, either individually or in small groups, to invite people to attend my very first seminar.
- Focus your resources and efforts based on a ONE year timeline to implement your plan and refine your strategies and tactics based on results you produce.
- For each of the “rules of ONE” above, write down your plan for adhering to each rule. Your plan doesn’t need to be overly complicated or lengthy. Brevity and simplicity are best in this situation!
- EXTRA CREDIT:If you’re serious about creating a 6-figure revenue stream the fastest way possible, I invite you to join my Accelerated 6-Figures Special Interest list. Why? Because I’m planning to create a free training program that lays out the principles, best practices, and key elements you need to reach six figures and beyond.
But hurry and get on this list, because only the people on this list will get the training for free. And this list will be closing around mid-May 2012; after that, I can’t guarantee that the free training will still be available (but a paid version will be!)
IF you had a six-figure revenue business right now (or increased your six-figure business by an additional $8k per month), in what ways would you contribute to others and the world that you can’t or aren’t doing right now?
Whatever your answers are, those are the reasons that will give you the drive, power, and persistence create a six-figure business in as little time as possible.
I invite you to post your comments below.
Freedom. Contribution. Prosperity.
That’s what I stand for.
But since I’ve written a lot recently about creating a six-figure revenue stream in record time, many of you may get the mistaken impression that I only care about the money.
Far from it.
I only care about money to the extent that money allows me to continue sharing my gifts, talents, wisdom, and experiences with others so that it uplifts them and enriches their lives.
The way I see it, those of us who are committed to making a difference in the world are likely to work hard at what we do. For most of us, it’s a labor of love. So I figure, if we’re going to work hard, we might as well make the most of the work we do so that it produces results.
If you’re committed to making a positive contribution and making a profit on a sustainable basis, there are fundamental principles and practices you must understand, to ensure the odds of succeeding are in your favor. (And you must also understand when to act in seeming contradiction of fundamental principles of success.)
Rapid revenue acceleration, the result of providing tremendous value to clients, customers, and patients, takes real effort and commitment.
And it takes the right blend of laser-focus, business structure, highly leveraged strategies, powerful tactics, comprehensive systems, action-oriented accountability, and follow-through.
That’s a lot of moving parts!
So where do you start?
One of the first things I’d do is take a quick inventory of everything you have to work with. And follow these three rules:
- Focus on what you have to work with, not what you don’t have or wish you had.
- Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t or don’t know how to do.
- Focus on applying your natural strengths; don’t worry about your weaknesses or let them overshadow your strengths.
You see, when I was first starting out, I wished I had an email list of pre-qualified prospects. But that wasn’t going to happen overnight, given what I had to work with.
I wished I had a free product I could use to grow my list. But I knew I couldn’t waste any precious time developing one; it was going to have to wait, until after I secured paying clients.
I wished I had a list of people who could refer clients to me. But that wasn’t likely, since I had just started my business.
Instead, I recognized that my greatest assets was my ability to speak in front of audiences. I could engage them in dialogue about what could be possible for their businesses and lives.
When I first started trying to get clients, I made dozens of one-to-one warm calls. Not exactly one of my greatest strengths, but I’m decent at it, and I thought I could get this to work.
30 days later, I didn’t have a single taker for a free introductory session with me!
Fortunately, I had enough insight to recognize I needed to call on my natural strength: speaking in front of audiences.
So I scheduled a live event for four weeks in the future, not knowing where any attendees would come from. Long, dramatic story made short: That landmark live seminar catalyzed my journey to creating a six-figure revenue stream in 73 days.
- Set your timer for 10 minutes, then make a list of all the things you wish you had to work with, things you wish you could do to grow your business as quickly as possible. (If you’ve done it on computer, print it out).
- Now, take that same sheet of paper, look it over one more time. Then… crumple it up and put it in the recycle bin. Yeah, just do it.
- Now I want you to answer this question: “What are the greatest natural strengths and assets that you can use immediately to accelerate your business growth, contribution, and profitability?”
- From this list (and it could be a list of only one or two things), select the business growth strategies that allow you to use these strengths to maximum benefit.
If you’re ready to go further and deeper, I invite you to join me and other “freedompreneurs” for a “Six-Figures FAST!” teleclass and Q&A session.
During this session, which is scheduled for this Thursday, April 26th, at 5 pm Pacific, I’ll identify the absolute very first element you must focus on, if you are going to stand any chance of rapidly accelerating toward six-figures and beyond.
I’ll also identify some of the fundamental principles that I’ve identified as common to what I and my clients have followed (and sometimes broken), as we created our six-figure revenue streams in 71 to 180 days.
In today’s economy, an increasing number of highly-trained and capable professionals are setting out on their own, attempting to build a business based on their experience and expertise.
For a lot of these intrepid souls, achieving a consistent, six-figure annual revenue stream is an important, almost magical goal.
But the immediate problem most of these people face is that their existing areas of expertise have nothing to do with getting the business that leads to a six-figure revenue stream.
They fail to appreciate the myriad of moving parts that need to be working together to achieve this level of revenue and sustain it.
Great Power Lies in Simplicity
In contrast, most don’t realize how important it is to simplify their approach. A lot of “gurus” will tell you that you just need to focus on what matters. Great, but how do you figure how WHAT to focus on?
You see, in an effort to build their businesses, most people invest a lot of energy trying to do the “right things.” They study books, listen to audios, watch videos, and attend training events. And then they devise complicated plans that involve multiple strategies that, according to the “books,” should predictably lead to six-figures really fast.
But IF you knew where you should start given your particular situation, what to focus on, and how to get moving in the right direction, would you feel more confident and enthusiastic about building your revenue stream faster?
I hope so!
Some people find this story hard to believe…
As you may recall, I created an annualized six-figure revenue stream in 73 days. All without a website, blog, social media, real business cards, a list of leads, network of referral sources, or even real client success stories.
And I’ve guided other brave souls to either best my record or come pretty darn close.
There are plenty of people out there teaching how to achieve a six-figure revenue stream. But as far as I can tell, I’m the only one who has done it in 73 days (and with far fewer resources than most of you have at this very moment). And I’ve guided others to best my record (or at least come close).
Even so, achieving the six-figure revenue fast isn’t that big a deal. What is a bigger deal is the impact and contribution you can make when your business is financially solvent. And the sooner, the better.
So I’ve come to the realization that it’s far overdue for me to pull back the curtain on what it really takes to rapidly achieve a five- and six-figure revenue stream.
In the spirit of being of service to the very people who are searching for this caliber of guidance, here’s what I’m going to do…
Next week, on Thursday, April 26th at 5 pm Pacific, I invite you to hop on a conference call line with me. I’ll share specifics about my personal journey to six-figures in 73 days. More importantly, I’ll answer any and all questions you have about the fastest ways for you to go about creating your own six-figure revenue stream.
Some of the things I plan to address include:
- How I created an annualized six-figure revenue stream in 73 days (and why I think you can and should do it, too).
- How I used speaking events to accelerate my lead-generation.
- How I recommend for you to accelerate your lead-generation, even if you’re mortally terrified of speaking in front of groups.
- The 10 key principles that significantly increase your likelihood of generating a five- or six-figure revenue business within the next 70, 90, 180, or 365 days (but only if you know how to apply them).
- A simple way to figure out what to focus on (and what to ignore) as you accelerate toward six-figures.
And I’m going to devote the majority of this teleclass to answering the most important, pressing and toughest questions you have for achieving a significant boost in your revenue.
In the registration box below, just list your toughest questions for me and I’ll be sure to address them during the call. And for those of you who register for this session, you’ll be automatically added to the “Six-Figures Fast” special interest list. That means you’ll qualify to receive the “Six-Figures Fast” training program that I’m considering creating.